Simple, filling and OH-SO-YUMMI
2 -3 persons
- 1 cup of cooked brown lentils
- 2 medium sized carrots diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups of white fresh mushrooms very thinly chopped
- 5 large tomatoes peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- brown rice spaghetti
- Olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Start by cooking the onions and crushed garlic in olive oil until they turn translucent, with salt & pepper.
- once cooked, add the thinly diced carrots and cook for a few minutes until carrots soften.
- next add the mushrooms, chili flakes & dried oregano
- at this point you can add the tomatoes and tomato paste and let everything simmer until the carrots are fully cooked and tender. This should take about 20mins at low heat.
- finally add the cooked lentils and give a quick toss before turning the heat off
- serve with cooked spaghetti & a drizzle of olive oil to finish