Delicious brunch idea or a perfect healthy side dish.
- 3 Medium-sized sweet potatoes ( peeled & steamed or boiled until soft)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp quinoa flour ( rice flour or oat flour will also work)
- Fresh coriander ( a handful)
- salt pepper & chili powder ( to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Start by mashing the steamed sweet potatoes to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add in all the ingredients: garlic, lemon juice, tahini, flour, tomato paste & mix with the potatoes
- Mix in your spices & salt according to taste
- Wet your hands with water then shape the pancakes into even sizes ( you should be able to get 8 pancakes, depending how large or thick you like them.
- Dust with some more quinoa flour top and bottom & place on a plate.
- Preheat your oil & cook the pancakes until golden on both sides.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.