Great for a quick grab-&-go breakfast, & if you make them ahead in big batches these also freeze very well.
4 pop tarts
For the dough:
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
For the Jam:
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple
- a splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Starting with the dough ingredients, mix everything together, wrap in cling film & let the dough rest in the fridge for about 30mins.
- Meanwhile prepare your jam: in a saucepan, mix the fresh blueberries, maple, vanilla extract,& lemon juice on medium heat.
- Mash the blueberries with a fork & let it thicken.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of chia seeds give a quick stir.
- Remove from the heat & allow the the jam to completely cool down at room temp. You can also transfer to the fridge to speed up the process.
- After 30 mins, remove the dough from the fridge and roll it between two sheets of wax paper until u get a rectangle shape of approx 5mms thickness.
- Add the blueberry jam in the middle leaving the sides empty. Fold the sides until the edges meet in the middle.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 4 large pieces.
- Bake in the oven at 180C until the crust becomes golden.